Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life is when dreams are surrendered to reality.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

To strive, to seek, to find...

ANOTHER languid day at work. These are becoming the norm and am sure its going to be like this for a few more months to come, until we move to our new engagement.

Lethargy is infectious and it kinda transmutes itself to whatever you are doing and one tends to somnambulate thru the waking hours. Compounded with a crazy sleep routine and general sense of lethargy, existence has become rather monotonous.

Not that the days dont have their enjoyable moments, there are plenty, but there is something missing and it comes from the knowledge that there is much to get done. I am sure I can raise myself out from this rut and make a meaningful contribution...but why do anything about it now, when I can do it tomorrow...when I can do it another day.

Procastinate.

There is so much I want to write about and so many ideas keep flitting about within the empty recesses of my restless and yet strangely dormant mind...but, where is the energy? Henry David Thoreau wrote,


I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately.
I wanted to live deep, and suck out all the marrow of life.
To put to rout all, that was not life, and not,
when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived.

I have not reached there yet and discover I have...that living I am not.

Someday soon, I will have to get up and look up at the sun - with sunglasses on, of course - and ask myself...what is it that I am looking for, where do I want to go and what do I want. I am sure, I shall embark on this lonely road of such deep introspection soon...maybe not tomorrow...maybe like...someday, and then like Tennyson I shall exhort,

'Tis not too late to seek a newer world
for my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset.
And though we are not now that strength, which in old days
Moved earth and heaven;
that which we are, we are;--
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate,
but strong in will.
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sachin R K said...

"My teacher told me procrastination is the root of all my troubles. I dont know what that big word means. I will look it up tomorrow" :)

Thanks for bringing to memory lines from my favourite schoolday poem, 'Ulysses'.

January 03, 2007 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home