Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life is when dreams are surrendered to reality.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Of reading, music and...

These days the reading habit has almost come down to nothing more than just a few pages a day. I dont really know the reason but I gez it must be the routine that has set in and somehow am too tired to do any real reading. I have a few books that I am looking to enjoy...among them are Tolkein's 'Hobbit' and 'Lord of the Rings' as well as Umberto Eco's 'Name of the Rose' as well as 'Foucalt's Pendulum'. The only real time I get to read is when am in the confines of the loo and then it is usually the newspapers or some magazines.

My life has taken on a new meaning now and I am worried I might get caught in an existence that borders on routine...I need to do something about it. I also need to inculcate some kind of discipline wherein I should be able to give time to what I really want to be doing and even I know that there is so much that I have to sort out..dont we all.

These past few months music has taken on a new meaning in my life and I am constantly listening to different kinds of them. I kinda got re-introduced to reggae, country, trance, radio edits and the like. Its a whole new world out there. I have taken a fancy to various mixes and currently my fav is DJ Tiesto - Live at Duplex Prague 2005. Did Carl Cox and some Steve Lawler the other day..it was a trip.

More later..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home