Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life is when dreams are surrendered to reality.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Movie Quotes...

--------------------
Harry Callahan: I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?
--------DIRTY HARRY--------
Col. Nathan Jessup: "Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand at post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."
-----------A FEW GOOD MEN-----------

Wanda: To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep who could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs, but you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape? Otto: Apes don't read philosophy. Wanda: Yes they do, Otto, they just don't understand it!
----------A FISH CALLED WANDA-----------

Vinny Gambini: I'm here to collect.
J.T.: How 'bout I just kick your ass.
Vinny Gambini: Oh a counter offer. That's what we lawyers, I'm a lawyer... we call that a counter offer. This is a tough decision you give me here. Get my ass kicked or collect two hundred dollars. I could use a good ass-kickin', I'll be perfectly honest with you... no I think I'll just go with the two hundred.
J.T.: Over my dead body.
Vinny Gambini: You like to renegotiate as you go along. Well here's my counter offer... do I have to kill you? What if I were just to kick the ever loving shit out of you?
J.T.: In your dreams.
Vinny Gambini: Oh no no... in reality. If I kick the shit out of you, do I get the money?
------------MY COUSIN VINNY------------

Lisa: Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing around. You get thirsty. You spot a little brook. You put your little deer lips down to the clear water - BAM! A fuckin' bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are lying on the ground in little bloody pieces. Now I ask you, do you give a fuck what kind of pants the son-of-a-bitch who shot you was wearing?!
-----------MY COUSIN VINNY-------------

John Keating: We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless--of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life? Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse." That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?
-----------DEAD POETS SOCIETY-----------

Harry: I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
------------WHEN HARRY MET SALLY-----------

Jess: Marriages don't break up on account of infidelity. It's just a symptom that something else is wrong.
Harry: Oh really? Well, that "symptom" is f***ing my wife.
------------WHEN HARRY MET SALLY------------

Leonardo da Vinci: You cannot leave everything to Fate, boy. She's got a lot to do. Sometimes you must give her a hand
-------------------------
Things will happen in your life that you can't stop. But that's no reason to shut out the world.
-------------------------
My Dearest Allie.
I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter any more, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you.
Noah
I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.
Summer romances begin for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common. They're shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, fleeting glimpse of eternity, and in a flash they're gone.
-------------THE NOTEBOOK-------------

Temper's the one thing you can't get rid of, by losing it
-------------------------
Austin - "Oh, there you are."
Stranger - "Do I know you?"
Austin - "No, but you're there!"
-------------AUSTIN POWERS------------

[Noticing Dr. Evil's spaceship on radar] Radar Operator: Colonel, you better have a look at this radar.
Colonel: What is it, son?
Radar Operator: I don't know, sir, but it looks like a giant--
Jet Pilot: Dick! Dick, take a look out of starboard.
Co-Pilot: Oh my God, it looks like a huge--
Bird-Watching Woman: Pecker!
Bird-Watching Man: [raising binoculars] Where?
Bird-Watching Woman: Over there. What sort of bird is that? Oh goodness, it's not a bird, it's--
Army Sergeant: Privates! We have reports of an Unidentified Flying Object. It has a long, smooth shaft, complete with--
Baseball Umpire: Two balls! [looking up from game] What is that? It looks just like an enormous--
Colonel: Johnson!
Radar Operator: Yes, sir?
Colonel: Get on the horn to British Intelligence and let them know about this.
Woman: Oh my god, look at that! It looks just like my husband's--
Carnival Worker: ONE-EYED MONSTER! Come see the One-eyed Monster!
One Eyed Monster: Oh my god, it's a giant--
Chinese Teacher: Wang! pay attention!
Wang: Sorry, sir I was distracted by that giant flying--
Fan: Woody! Woody Harrelson! Could I have your autograph?
-------------AUSTIN POWERS--------------

Austin Powers: [About her skintight clothes.] How do you get into those pants?
Felicity Shagwell: Well you can start by buying me a drink.
Felicity Shagwell: Felicity Shagwell. Shagwell by name, shag-very-wel
l by reputation.
-------------AUSTIN POWERS---------------

Ivana: Do you know how we keep warm in Russia?
Austin: I can guess, baby.
Ivana: We play chess. Austin: I guessed wrong.
-------------AUSTIN POWERS--------------

Number Two: Dr. Evil, wouldn't it be easier to use your knowledge of the future to play the stock market? We could literally make trillions!
Dr. Evil: Why make trillions when we could make... billions?
-------------AUSTIN POWERS--------------

President: C'mon, let me nuke that bastard.
Commander Gilmour: You want to blow up the moon?
President: Would you really miss it that much?
-----------AUSTIN POWERS------------

Alotta Fagina: In Japan, men come first and women come second.
Austin: Or sometimes not at all.
--------------AUSTIN POWERS--------------
Rick Blaine: Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
--------------CASABLANCA-------------

Maggie Rice: When they ask me what I liked best, I'll say it was you.
---------------------------
Topper Harley: These men have a supreme vow of celibacy, like their fathers, and their fathers before them...
--------------HOT SHOTS-------------

Tess: You're a thief and a liar.
Danny: I only lied about being a thief, and I don't do that anymore.
Tess: Steal?
Danny: Lie.

-----------------------------------------------OCEAN'S ELEVEN------------------------------------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Sunitha Vijayam said...

Good ones - all of them

April 24, 2007 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home